Monday, June 21, 2010

Moved from other blog: Photo Inspirations

I couldn't not repost this from my other blog. It took me awhile to compile, and was the one page I wanted to transfer. So here goes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been looking through a lot of photographers' galleries lately and browsing through some of my favorite photo websites again, and I thought I'd share some of the images I came across. I've tried to include links to their work in case anyone would like to see more of it. (WARNING: Please be advised, some of these images contain adult content.)

First, please visit this photographer's website. Adam Sawyers is a friend currently working in L.A. that I posed for, so do let me know if you're ever looking for a photographer in the area.



Now for some stuff that I've compiled after long hours of browsing:


Keiko Guest Her photos are absolutely breathtaking and, to use one of her own titles, fierce. I don't know if I have ever seen someone capture dance so beautifully.

Keiko Guest is an Asian/African American fine art photographer and a former professional dancer… Keiko’s signature style evolves from a passion for capturing energy, essence and … Keiko Guest's dramatic black and white photography series "Shadowdance" was showcased by The Lowe Gallery in Atlanta in the main galleries for their 18th Anniversary celebration and in month-long, multistory presentation in Atlanta's Rialto Center for the Arts. (From profile on Photo.net)


Some photos from her gallery (link at the end of the quote above):

"D'un Lys"



"Arabesque"


"Sphyrl"


"The Prodigal Son"


"Sheherazad"


"Fierce"


"The Archer"


"Atlas"




Sascha Hüttenhain 
Hard edges, smooth shapes – these are the contrasts which Sascha Hüttenhain admires… With his illustrations Sascha Hüttenhain follows the rules of the classical photography. Just a few elements are enough; nothing to distract from the perfect bodies… here it’s about the high aesthetical illustration of the fine texture of female skin, muscle tension, and the silhouette of the female shape.” (Quote from the german photo magazine “Photographie”)



Some photos from the gallery, which can be found HERE:











Virgiliu Narcis

Some great stuff with light and shadows from his GALLERY:



























He also has a great series of some bizarre-looking faces, a la:



And of some really weird, but cool stills:



Андрей Разумовский (Andrey Razumovski)







(No, that's not Jolie.)

Gallery "Outside the Studio," which is all adult content, but really cool:







Виталий Сокол (Vitali Sokol)

He does a lot of cool stuff with water. Here's some of my favorites from his GALLERY:











Alex Krivtsov

As the theme here has been (in case you haven't noticed), there is a lot of body art with dancers in his GALLERY:


"Мотылек" - or "Little Moth"



"Балет" - or "Ballet"





Andrew Lucas

One of his photos caught my eye on another website, so I will post it here and you can see the rest of his gallery HERE:


"тихая вода" - or "quiet water"




So that's it for today. I hope some of these were inspiring, or just interesting to look at. Maybe I'll do another one of these sometime. I have some photos that are a bit more explicit bookmarked, so I'll think about adding those.

1 comment: