Friday, January 7, 2011

Designing a New Twitter

I finally decided that if I'm going to have a Twitter that I use for work, it must look professional. It can't just be something I quickly put together by pasting my company's logo onto a black background and adding some text. This is what my old background image used to look like:


Cool, but not all that complicated.

So I spent the last couple of days looking for ideas I liked. Finally, I decided on something along the lines of one of my favorite blogger's Twitter. I've actually seen a lot of great web designs in the past that mimic a person's physical desk:  pens, pencils, cups, papers, photos, and all that clutter. I really liked the idea, so I created something similar. I even threw in my exact headphones and business card for good measure, just so it wouldn't all look like stock images :) And voila, or you can VISIT THE ACTUAL PAGE.



Let me know if you want me to create a custom Twitter background for you! Mention me on Twitter @NataliaCallFire

Next up, redoing this ugly ol' thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment